Mechanical Engineering is called as Mother of all the engineering branches Because all the engines which you see in the market, at the early stage they were not developed as much as today it is, at 17 or 18’s there steam engines exits which are now converted into the railway and now it works from the use of Electricity. So in this article, I will list some of the important points why mechanical engineering is important among other engineering branches.
HERE ARE THE 7 POINTS:
1. Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest and oldest branches of engineering. Mechanical engineers are involved with the design, analysis, testing, manufacturing, control, operation, and maintenance of mechanical systems.
2. Mechanical Engineering deals with all aspects of the conversion of thermal energy into useful work and the machines that make this possible.
3. Without mechanical engineering, we would not have things like engines, generators, elevators or even air conditioning. Mechanical engineering plays a critical role in manufactured technologies, from cars to airplanes to refrigerators. It enables you to do many daily activities with ease, as it brings helpful technologies to our modern society.
4. Mechanical Engineers enjoy great starting salaries: Mechanical Engineering is Important, People with mechanical engineering skills are highly valued in society and their salaries reflect that fact.
5. Mechanical Engineers are multi-skilled: One might refer to a qualified mechanical engineer as a jack-of-all-trades, and those in the engineering sector often do.
Mechanical engineers have a working knowledge of computer applications, electricity, structures, mathematics, and physics, plus they’re required to have some understanding of social, environmental, and economic factors.
If a technical degree incorporating a broader understanding of the world sounds appealing, mechanical engineering may be for you.
6. Global opportunities: There isn’t a country in the world that doesn’t need its engineers and there are a number of mechanical engineering courses that can testify to that.
For example, you can find courses with a year abroad offered by Imperial, Sheffield, and Southampton.
You might find yourself in China, Malaysia or the US, just to name a few far off locations – calling all adventurous types.
7. The huge variety of mechanical courses:
The CUG Course Chooser lists more than 800 mechanical engineering courses. With such a broad range of study programs available up and down the country, you’re sure to find something that suits your needs.