Mechanical Engineering is called as Mother of all the engineering branches Because all the engines which you see in the market, at the early stage they were not developed as much as today it is, at 17 or 18's there steam engines exits which are now converted into the railway and now it works from the use of Electricity. So in this article, I will list some of the important points why mechanical engineering is important among other engineering branches.
HERE ARE THE 7 POINTS:
1.Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest and oldest branches of engineering. Mechanical engineers are involved with the design, analysis, testing, manufacturing, control, operation, and maintenance of mechanical systems.
2. Mechanical Engineering deals with all aspects of the conversion of thermal energy into useful work and the machines that make this possible.
3. Without mechanical engineering, we would not have things like engines, generators, elevators or even air conditioning. Mechanical engineering plays a critical role in manufactured technologies, from cars to airplanes to refrigerators. It enables you to do many daily activities with ease, as it brings helpful technologies to our modern society.
4. Mechanical Engineers enjoy great starting salaries: Mechanical Engineering is Important, People with mechanical engineering skills are highly valued in society and their salaries reflect that fact.
5. Mechanical Engineers are multi-skilled: One might refer to a qualified mechanical engineer as a jack-of-all-trades, and those in the engineering sector often do.
Mechanical engineers have a working knowledge of computer applications, electricity, structures, mathematics, and physics, plus they’re required to have some understanding of social, environmental, and economic factors.
If a technical degree incorporating a broader understanding of the world sounds appealing, mechanical engineering may be for you.
6. Global opportunities: There isn’t a country in the world that doesn’t need its engineers and there are a number of mechanical engineering courses that can testify to that.
Take a look at the CUG Course Chooser and browse through mechanical engineering courses across the UK. You’ll come across a fair few which offer a year spent studying abroad.
For example, you can find courses with a year abroad offered by Imperial, Sheffield, and Southampton.
You might find yourself in China, Malaysia or the US, just to name a few far off locations – calling all adventurous types.
7. The huge variety of mechanical courses: The CUG Course Chooser lists more than 800 mechanical engineering courses. With such a broad range of study programs available up and down the country, you’re sure to find something that suits your needs.
In this article, I'll show you everything you need to know about the Die Casting Process. At the beginning we'll start with the definition, then we dive into the steps of die-casting, Types, die casting defects with the solution. Further on we'll see the applications, advantages, and disadvantages of die casting as well. Process of […]
In our daily life, we see the braking effect everywhere, like bicycle, motorcycle, car, bus, train, and more. The list is quite long. So to get the breaking effect we need to have some component which produces the effect, is not it? So that particular component which generates the braking effect is called Breaking System. […]
In this article, you'll going to learn the Metal Forming Process. After reading of this article you will able to find the answer of Types of Forming Processes, Advantages and Disadvantages of this process and lastly the application of Metal Forming Process. So let's get started with the Definition. Classification or Types of Forming Process […]
Learn Mechanical is created, written by, and maintained by Saswata Baksi and Amrit Kumar. It is a free resource site for Mechanical Engineering aspirants. Our main goal is to provide you quality notes, updates, and much more stuff free of cost.
The design of this site was heavily, heavily inspired by CSS-Tricks under their supercool license. If you're into design, go and check them out.