What is Boiler and The Necessity of Boiler:
Are you looking for the What is Boiler and The Necessity of Boiler? So today we will study the What is Boiler and The Necessity of Boiler, PDF. Here you will get the articles of Mechanical Engineering in brief with some key points and you will get to know an enormous amount of knowledge from It. So If you find this articles helpful, please let us know in the comment box, either if any correction required too, also let us know in the comment box.
Definition of Boiler:
A boiler is a closed vessel in which fluid (generally water) is heated up to high-pressure steam. The boilers are used in power plants, for the generation of steam.
They are mostly used in the power plants where steam turbines are used for the generation of electricity.
There are two types of boiler:
- Fire tube boiler
- Water tube boiler
- Fire tube boiler is those boiler in which the fire or hot gas is present inside the tubes and water surrounds these fire tubes.
- Since fire is inside the tubes and hence it is named as fire tube boiler. The heat from the hot gases is conducted through the walls of the tube to the water.
- The examples of the fire tube boiler are the simple vertical boiler, Cochran boiler, Lancashire boiler, Cornish boiler, Locomotive boiler, Scotch marine boiler, and Velcon boiler. and whereas,
Water tube boiler:
- Water tube boiler is those boiler in which the water is present inside the tubes and fire or hot gases surrounds these fire tubes.
- The examples of water tube boilers are a La-Mont boiler, Benson boiler, Stirling boiler, Babcock and Wilcox boiler, Yarrow boiler and Loeffler boiler.
The necessity of Boiler:
The most common function for any boiler, whether it is an industrial or residential boiler, is to serve as the central heating mechanism for a home, business facility, hospital, commercial complex, etc.
No matter what setting they are used in, boilers operate with the same basic functions and mechanisms that work together to create a contained, heat-generating combustion process.
Boilers draw natural gas from gas lines running through our streets and use this gas to fuel the combustion process for heat creation and distribution throughout a building.
The boiler system relies on a burner to initiate the combustion process, and then heat in the form of steam or hot water moves through the system using pumps, radiators, and heat exchangers.
Boiler manufacturers are making use of rapidly improving technology to build equipment that is cost-efficient, environmentally friendly, and powerful.
Do you want to PDF? Join our WhatsApp or Telegram or facebook for Downloading the PDF.
Join our WhatsApp group: Engramritkumar Facebook
Join our telegram group: Engramritkumar Telegram
Join our WhatsApp group: Engramritkumar WhatsApp
Today we have learned about What is Boiler and The Necessity of Boiler, PDF. If I have missed something, kindly inform me through commenting. If you like this article, don’t forget to share it on social networks. Subscribe our website for more informative articles. Thanks for reading it. Thank you.
SPREAD THE KNOWLEDGE BY SHARING